Yzerfontein Beach Rides
The beach rides are scheduled around low tide as much as possible so times will vary. We are open 7 days a week and can do early mornings and sunset rides too.
The horse safari and beach ride combo start on Blombosch game farm and we ride down to the beach, on the beach for awhile, and then return to Blombosch. If we are lucky we see some of the wildlife along the way. Should you wish to have extra time exploring the beach or game reserve you are welcome to book a 3hr ride. Bottled water will be available on the ride.
We can accommodate a minimum of 1 or a maximum of 6 riders at a time. When you have a date in mind please contact us to check availability.
No riding experience is required and all ages welcome. We do not have a weight limit but it is a extreme sport activity so please bear that in mind when you book.
- Children are welcome from any age for the game reserve / farm rides ride but from 8yrs old for 2hr beach ride, younger riders will be allowed to join if they have riding experience.
- Minimum of 1 person and maximum of 6 people per booking.
Please note that should you have the necessary riding experience to trot and canter we will do our best to accommodate you, beach rides are always subject to the situation on the day as the sea is very unpredictable.
Beginner and novice riders are welcome and we will conduct the ride according to your experience.
West Coast Horseback Safari Rides
West Coast Horse Trails has the privilege of being based on a beautiful guest and game farm situated right by the sea. You can book either a 1.5, 2 or 3hr ride on the farm, combining either sea and nature or just enjoying a horse back safari with the sound of the sea in the back ground and views of the beach. The 1.5hr ride is only on the farm with beach views. We do not go onto the beach then, only on the 2 and 3hr ride.
Ride through indigenous flaura and fauna, including Giraffe, Eland, Kudu, Zebra, Bontebok, Impala, Water Buffalo, Water buck, Duiker, Steenbok, Bateared fox, Caracal, Aardwolf, Porcupine etc and an abundance of birds species.
We also cater for special occasions if you are looking for a romantic way to propose to loved one. Please enquire for price.
- Children are welcome from the age of 4 for the 1.5hr ride, for the other options at least 8yrs old if no prior riding lessons
- Minimum of 1 person and maximum of 8 people per booking for the 1.5 or 2hr horse safari ride. Beach bookings maximum 6
- Weight limit 120kgs
Beach & Safari
West Coast Beach & Safari is based at Blombosch, part of the Buffalodrift Collection, just outside Yzerfontein.
The farm features the rare combination of coast, wildlife and horses.
With us you can enjoy a horse safari and a beach ride on your stay at Blombosch. On the farm there are giraffe, zebra, eland, kudu, water buck and water buffalo, and of course lots of small animals naturally found in the area.
The self catering cottages at Blombosch are situated far apart to offer you privacy and that you are on a game farm with the animals sauntering past. It is also pet friendly with large enclosed gardens should you wish to bring your dog(s) with you. The farm is off the grid, power supplied by solar panels and the wind mills pump the water. The cottages offer no television and the power enough to charge your cell phone but not your hair dryer, and a nice braai area.
Book a night on the farm and come meet our fantastic horses who love attention and carrots and explore the beautiful West Coast on horse back.
West Coast Beach & Safari Overnight:
2 Guests from R3250 per person sharing
Suitable for intermediate to experienced riders
Minimum age requirement, 8 years
Maximum weight, 110kg
Minimum 2 guests, single supplement available on request
- 2 Hour West Coast Beach & Safari Overnight
- Overnight stay in rustic cottage
- 3 Hour West Coast Beach & Safari Overnight ride
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Transfers, can be arranged upon request
- Dinner and breakfast, cottages are self-catering
- Children are welcome from the age of 8 years old
- Minimum of 2 persons
Important General NOTICE
- We can accommodate riders up to 110kg
- Horse riding helmets are mandatory and are provided except if you wish to bring your own
- Please wear closed shoes and long pants and bring sunscreen
- Spaces are limited. Bookings are essential and subject to availability
- Cash payments are accepted.
- Debit or Credit Card payments via a Yoco app link or EFT payment prior to departure of the trail
- Signing of indemnities are mandatory and all riding is at own risk
- Rates are subject to change without notice, please confirm at time of booking
- Private tours available on request